Dental Implants Geelong
Dental implants are a fantastic option for replacing teeth while protecting the integrity of your jawbone and adjacent teeth. They are small anchors in the jaw bone that hold artificial teeth in place.
Dental implants are permanent, fixed and natural looking to replace one or multiple missing teeth and offer a modern lasting solution to the aesthetic and functional difficulties you can encounter when you have missing teeth. Throughout life, some people may end up losing teeth and even though the loss of a tooth may seem like no more than a cosmetic issue, the effects of lost teeth can impact your overall oral health.
Tooth loss can cause the structure of the jaw bone to change, making the bones weaker and more susceptible to movement (bone resorption). Bone resorption causes the facial features to shift, the neighboring teeth can drift, tilt and over-erupt (when a tooth pushes out of the bone more than other teeth in that jaw leading to an uneven bite). This dynamic process and all this shifting and weakening of the facial structures make it more difficult to chew, and speak and can affect your appearance.
Let’s transform your smile. Book an Appointment today!
How do Dental Implants work?
- Dental implants have three parts – The dental titanium screw (a material that is completely bio-compatible with body tissues), the abutment (intermediate connector) and the crown.
- The screw is made of titanium that mimics the function of a tooth root. It is inserted into the jaw bone and, over time, becomes integrated (surgically fused) and firmly anchored in the space where the natural tooth was lost. Under normal conditions, the healing process of an implant takes up to 12 weeks in the jaw bone. Once the implant site has fully healed, the tooth replacement in the form of a crown is secured to the implant (the abutment is attached to the titanium screw and the crown is placed on the abutment).
- The replacement teeth are made to match your existing teeth to provide a natural appearance. It is more stable than a denture and unlike ‘bridges’, they do not rely on neighboring teeth.
What to expect?
Precise planning is essential before beginning your implant treatment. Appointments are case dependant. We are all unique and each case is different!
Your first appointment
We will start with a comprehensive oral examination and perform tests to determine if you’re a good candidate for implants.
A vital part of planning and diagnosing your implant case is using advanced 3D imaging and software. This gives us a precise visualization of your jaw bone and dental structure viewed from different orientations, allowing us to make an accurate diagnosis, take precise measurements and plan your treatment with confidence. These typically include a CBCT 3D radiograph and digital impressions.
Your second appointment
The next step is placing the dental implant using a 3D printed surgical guide.
Our digitally guided implant surgery is the most advanced, accurate and safe treatment option for placing dental implants. We utilize patented digital planning technology where we use a 3D printed guide to perform the minimally invasive dental implant placement procedure. With this technology the procedure is shorter, more accurate, less painful and less traumatic than traditional systems. Afterwards we screw a healing cap into position. We will take a radiograph to confirm the position of the dental implant. Apart from slight discomfort for a day, the majority of patients report no pain following the procedure. Your next appointment will be in 12 weeks and will involve the manufacture of the final implant crown
Your third appointment
We will conduct a test to make sure that the implant has fused properly. When the healing period is complete, the implant provides a solid foundation for attaching your new crown, whereafter your implant tooth is fully functional!
- Natural looking results
- Permanent solution
- Patient restored confidence
How long do Implants last?
Each patient is different and success relies upon diagnosis and planning, medical history, and a variety of other factors.
Dental implants are not susceptible to dental diseases such as decay; however, the health of the gums is vital to maintaining lasting implant success. Meticulous home care regular professional cleanings and 6 monthly check-ups are essential for dental implant sustainability. Your dentist will be able to pick up any potential problems and fix them before they cause serious damage.
What is the success rate of Dental Implants?
Every individual is different in health and habits. For a healthy individual with good oral hygiene and good health and attending regular 6 monthly checkups, dental implants are predictably successful with reported success rates above 90%.
Are Dental Implants safe?
Dentists have placed dental implants for a long time, and implant technology continues to advance. Today, implants are sophisticated restorations that highly trained professionals put in place. They’re one of the most reliable and safe ways to replace missing teeth.
Maintenance is important!
Implants require regular brushing and flossing that will ensure they remain in a good healthy condition.
You must continue to see your dentist 6 monthly for a routine check-up. During those appointments, your dentist can examine the implant health and answer any questions.
In our modern, state-of-the-art clinic in Geelong West, our highly qualified dentists use the cutting-edge products and techniques to give you the best results for suitability and durability.
Please contact our professional, friendly and highly experienced team to discuss more about dental implants. If you have a gap where a tooth has been lost or have multiple missing teeth, call us!
Are you worried about your dental health?
Following a friendly discussion with you about your condition, our expert dental team will offer a personalised strategy for your smile transformation.
Frequently asked questions
There are lots of practices in and around Geelong. You might be asking yourself ‘Why is Creative Dental Haus the right clinic for my family?’ Here are three reasons why we stand out:
- Our patients are family; when you become a patient of Creative Dental Haus, you’re not just an appointment time. You’re a real person, with individual needs. We take time to listen and thoroughly understand your dental history, assess your current dental health status, and talk you through the best treatment options for you. Everyone’s journey is different and we apply a personalised and tailor made approach to our dental care.
- Your comfort is important to us; the rooms at our brand new practice are designed to treat patients in a calm and relaxed environment. You can even request to watch your favourite TV show whilst our dentists are working hard on your pearly whites.
- We put your health first: our professional team is highly qualified and experienced, but we strongly believe it is important that our patients be given the option to choose their own dental treatment. Our dentists will provide you with thoroughly considered treatment plans and they will respect your right to make decisions based on your individual circumstances and budget. When leaving your appointment, we will make sure you are well informed of all your treatment options and associated costs and that you are able to make healthy choices for your long-term dental health.
Money should not be a reason why you can’t have dental treatment when you need it. Our fees are open, honest and transparent: we understand that dental prices can be expensive and confusing. At Creative Dental Haus you will be given treatment plans with itemized costs explained in detail. We never compromise on quality and ensure that you are given the treatment options available to your situation that suit your budget, lifestyle and long-term dental health. We welcome you to ask any questions about the cost of your treatment.
We only take x-rays when they are necessary. As a general rule it is highly recommended that x-rays are taken every two years to make sure there is no underlying dental decay, infection or gum disease. We use x-rays to diagnose diseases not visible to the naked eye or during a clinical dental examination. Dental conditions often don’t present any symptoms until they are well advanced; dental imaging allows us to diagnose any underlying conditions early to avoid expensive dental treatment in the future.
We understand your concerns regarding x-ray safety. At Creative Dental Haus we use modern, up to date technology; the use of digital x-rays significantly reduces the amounts of exposure to radiation than traditional x-rays. Digital x-rays use very low levels of radiation and provide the highest resolution images available. Despite the advances in x-ray technology we are committed to keeping the amount of radiation you are exposed to at our practice to minimum and will always make sure you and your family are safe.
We definitely do. Children aged between 2-17 may be eligible for up to $1000 of bulk-billed preventative dental treatment every two calendar years under the Medicare’s Child Dental Benefits Schedule. This means you don’t have any out of pocket expenses. The vouchers can be used across multiple appointments over the two calendar years and include comprehensive dental examination, scale and polish, x-rays (if needed), fissure sealants, remineralising treatment or other preventative dental treatment.
Yes we do. Health fund rebates can be processed on the day of your appointment. We accept all health funds to assist you with the cost of dental care at our practice. Our HICAPS machine allows us to claim your benefits on the spot so you only pay the gap at the end of your appointment. Prior to your treatment, please check with your healthfund if you are covered under HICAPS.
Payment can be made via Visa, Matercard, American Express or EFTPOS. Cash payments are also accepted.
We are a family practice and welcome all children.
It is recommended that a child see a dentist for the first time at the age of 2. The first appointment will familiarize your child with the environment. We encourage parents to bring their child to our dental surgery at the time of their own appointments as we want the little ones to be familiar with the dentist and the practice and prepared for their own appointment. We take special care of children’s appointments to make sure their experience at the dentist is positive.
Kids will always walk out with a special gift bag and a balloon.
Enquire now, and one of our friendly staff will be in touch shortly.
|Shop 3/96 Pakington St, Geelong West VIC 3218, Australia|
|03 5222 6656|
|Monday:||8.30am – 5.30pm|
|Tuesday:||8.30am – 5.30pm|
|Wednesday:||8.30am – 5pm|
|Thursday:||8.30am – 7pm|
|Friday:||8.30am – 2pm|
|Saturday:||9am – 12pm|